Wednesday, March 16, 2011

N. chromatus Reemerges!

Well, I rehoused my Nhandu in a small tank to give her a little more room since she apparently wanted to burrow but didn't have the space to do it. I put her in the new tank, and she dug, and dug, and dug....

I would occasionally see her toes poking out from under the cork bark where the entrance to her tunnel was. Then, nothing. For two and a half weeks I waited and wondered if she was still alright. Finally I took up the corkbark and poked around the entrance of her hole-to-china tunnel. After finding nothing I had to leave for an appointment, and on my return - BAM! There was this BIG beautiful Nhandu chromatus against the glass of the tank! Okay, still only around 3", but HUGE compared to what she had been when she "went missing".

At this new larger size I figured she was large enough to be sexed and took her to the show this past weekend. Happy to say I have a confirmed female. :)


~ B. Percha

No comments:

Post a Comment