Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Zippity do daAAAHHHHHHH!!!

I finally got around to really checking out the OBT. She's been eating well and has had time to adjust. I wanted to get a good photo of her, and have been too nervous to remove the lid to her container. I closed up the door to our T room, got the camera ready and an extra deli cup in case she got loose. I cracked the lid to her container and lightly prodded her. She just crouched. So I touched her again just trying to get her to step forward and spread out a bit. Again, she seems to be a lot more mellow than I expected.

After a little prodding and moving of the lid I got her to start walking around her container. Snapped a pic here and there. It was going pretty well. Then I think I got a bit too comfortable. I opened the lid a bit wider, got some good clear shots, then she turned and zipped over the edge of the container, across the desk and flew superman-style to the floor. I grabbed the deli cup and went for her, trembling. She kept dodging me and trying to go behind the filing cabinet, at which point I continually blocked her with a large manilla envelope - but each time she would climb over, coming close to my hand and I'd drop it. Finally she scrambled up the wall a bit and I was able to get her in the deli container. Whew. But now what? Transferring her from the small deli cup to her larger deli-style contianer was the most nerve wracking part I think. Lol, in the end I got her back safe and sound, with a new respect for her speed and agility.

And, I got my photo. :)


She has since been moved into a critter-keeper. Much easier to access her enclosure for water, maintenance, etc. without her getting out.

~ B. Percha

No comments:

Post a Comment