Saturday, January 15, 2011

Nhandu chromatus

I finally got the first tarantula I've had in years, only my second ever. I bought my husband the Brazilian Black (Grammastola pulchra) he wanted for Christmas, and while caring for it for a month before being able to give it to him Christmas day I was bitten - by the "tarantula bug". I had to have one of my own.

We went to the monthly reptile show where I had the intention of purchasing an Acanthoscurria geniculata, but once there I saw so many species that I liked. I spoke with one of the tarantula breeders and was torn between Nhandu chromatus or Acanthoscurria geniculata. I ended up with the N. chromatus (though I knew I'd be going back for the other eventually).


She's a beautiful little spider with a big personality. She's always active moving dirt back and forth, and wow is she a kicker! She'll get about 6" to 7" in legspan. As an adult she'll have a beautiful red abdomen, golden-tan carapace, and black legs with striking white markings. Very happy with this purchase.

~ B. Percha

No comments:

Post a Comment