Thursday, April 28, 2011

L. parahybana Finally Molts!

Not that I've had her that long, but I've been anxious for her to molt. For the past few weeks (pretty much since I got her), my Lasiodora parahybana has been hiding under her cork bark and refusing meals. I guess I didn't think her pre-molt phase would take so long. My A. geniculata may refuse a meal and molts maybe a day or two later. And I know LP's are supposed to be rapid growers as well. I was starting to get worried.

But then, I walked in one morning and saw this!

My dirt-brown spider is a beautiful bluish black with fine chocolatey hairs. (Although it took me a few weeks to getting around to getting picture of her, so she's already faded a little in the photo below - added 5/20/11.) AND, she's been out a lot more since molting. :)



~ B. Percha

No comments:

Post a Comment